Thursday, October 18, 2012

Been a while so here goes. The moose project is on hold due to another large knot found in the wood once I got to carving on it. Put it on the shelf to give me some time to think about either fixing it or starting over. I harvested the wood myself so no complaints' it was all free.

 Have been busy though, the Christmas ornaments are all sent out, people have started getting them and I have started another project. I did build myself a holder for my power carving bits. I looked for a premade one and of cousre couldn't find what I wanted so I just made one. I had made two others for my piants so just followed the same basic design.

It ain't pretty but it does the job and still gives me room for some extra bits. Cost $3.99 for the turn table and the rest is scrap MDF left over from a speaker box. About an hour to build and the finish is just several coats of thinned poly. You know what they say about necessity being the mother of invention. Not only that I'm cheap too, why buy if I can build it for little or nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment